Monday, October 3, 2016

I'm Bats About You

Good morning!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  I found some time to get inky and decided to make another Halloween card.



I used the Witch Way Candy stamp set from My Favorite Things.  This adorable set was recently retired but I was lucky enough to grab the last one off the shelf at my local stamp store.  I decided to play along with the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #300.  I stamped the bat, colored him with copics, then fussy cut him.  I used distress inks to create the dark sky background and a moon.  I diecut the moon using the Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX and then I used the Die-namics Circle Spinner Channels so that I could create a spinner card.  I love how the bat spins around on the card!  The cute sentiment is from the same set and I heat embossed it with white on a banner that I diecut using the Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  

Hugs, Anita

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #300
The Paper Players PP315 - Happy Halloween

Stamp:  My Favorite Things - Witch Way Candy
Paper:  Neenah, watercolor paper
Other:  Copics, Distress Inks, MFT Die-namics, black glaze pen    

9 comments:

  1. I agree..awesome design! Spinners are so fun, and yours is SO cute. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole little sky/moon/bat scene is too cool!!! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that though that little bat is as cute as a "bat"?... I really am impressed with your work with gradients and blending. I am very interested in your technique perhaps you could do a blog page on that? I struggle with the flow of color, hue, value changes and you clearly have mastered them all! Well Done, my mother would shout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, this just makes me SMILE!!!!!! I love every detail! The beautiful background you distressed is perfect! That spinning bat is just perfect! I would love to receive this card in the mail! Thank you for joining my Halloween challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Anita!!! So deserve the win over at TPP!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete