Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Make A Wish

Hello friends.  I don't have a card to share with you today.  I decided to try something a little different.


This is a plaque I made for my niece's room.  The beautiful fairy is Sugar Nellie's Make a Wish from Funky Kits.  I colored my image with copics and colored pencils and then added Glamour Dust to the star and her wings.  The wooden frame was very inexpensive and I picked it up at a local craft store.  I painted the frame first and then used Mod Podge to adhere some dp.  I added some sheer ribbon tied into a bow for a hanger.  I first glued my diecut flourishes and then some gorgeous WOC flowers.  Then I cut a few butterflies from my CC Designs butterfly border, added a pearl and then glued them to the frame. 


Here's a closeup of the image.  I think my niece will really like this as she loves fairies and sparkle!  This plaque was so much fun to make ... I think you may be seeing more of these kinds of projects on my blog :)


Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs, Anita

I would like to enter these challenges:
Craft Your Days Away Challenge 47  -  Bingo (pearls, ribbon, glitter)
Craft Your Passion Challenge  -  Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge 88  -  Pearls and Roses
Crafty Ann's Challenge 67  -  It's a Girl Thing
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 70  -  No cards, tags, or ATC
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 21  -  Butterflies and Bows
Digital Tuesday Challenge 164  -  Butterflies

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie - Make a Wish
Paper:  Unknown (something old from my stash)
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Glamour Dust, wood frame, acrylic paint, Mod Podge, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, CC Cutter - butterfly border, Memory Box die - Cherish Border, My Favorite Things Dienamic - Fancy Flourish, pearls, ribbon

24 comments:

  1. Morning Anita what a gorgeous frame love the image and colours used are fab, I'm sure your neice will love it (I'd love it). Have a great day. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi just wanted to pop in and say what a beautiful card,its just so beautiful,well done you :) sending big hugs craft-mad-manning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry i meant plaque, got cards on the brain lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Anita this is just so sweet. I absolutely love the beautiful colours and that paper is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea Anita, think I might have a go at something like this for my niece. Love it!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card Anita is so beautiful and such and adorable and lovely image:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plaque is so sweet, Anita! I like how you colored this (of course!) and the ribbon you used for hanging. Makes it look so simple but frilly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty! My mom keeps telling me to frame up some images, now I will have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing idea Anita. I love the soft colors and the image is really cute. Lovely embellishment. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Anita! Any little girl would be tickled pink to get this and from her Aunt to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning anita.beautiuful image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is just so gorgeous.
    hugs

    jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! It is going to look beautiful on your niece's wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is different for you, anita, and it's a beautiful creation!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have used a gorgeous image and coloured it beautifully. I also love the DP you have used on the frame. I am going to have to invest in some modge podge and have a play!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anita, your sweetly colored fairy looks fabulous on this gorgeous pink plaque. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's Pearls and Roses challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh what a beautiful creation, so glad you shared it with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is so beautiful! Love the soft pinks and the sparkle is the perfect addition.

    Thanks for joining the 'no cards' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful project, Anita.
    So pretty and girly, a beautiful gift for your niece.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely. The colours are wonderful, I'm sure that she will love it.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my this is beautiful hun. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete